A Film Babble Blog Pop Quiz Reprise
September 15, 2008 Leave a comment
To celebrate this being my 200th post (which I know in the bloggosphere is no biggie – my prolific pals at The Playlist have had 1471 posts this year alone!) I decided to re-post a quiz from my 80th post (May 6th, 2007) that didn’t get a very satisfactory response first time out. I’ve had a lot more hits since then and I ’ve added a new EXTRA EXTRA CREDIT question so I hope film freak folks will roll up their sleeves, get their #2 pencils, and tackle:
Film Babble Blog’ s Movie & TV Mind Teasers!
The major unanswered questions in the realm of modern pop-culture in a quick ’n easy pop-quiz format.
1. What was in the briefcase in PULP FICTION?
2. What was in the package that Charlie Meadows (John Goodman) leaves in the care of Barton (John Turturro) in BARTON FINK?
3. What state is Springfield in on The Simpsons?
4. Why (or how) is Chance the Gardener (Peter Sellers) able to walk on water at the end of BEING THERE?
5. How (or why) did Groundhog Day keep repeating to Phil Connors (Bill Murray) in GROUNDHOG DAY?
6. What is the one thing that 13 CONVERSATIONS ABOUT ONE THING is about?
7. Did Mookie (Spike Lee) do the right thing in DO THE RIGHT THING?
8. When the Fonz (Henry Winkler) moved in over the Cunningham’s garage on Happy Days – did he actually pay rent?
9. How on bloody Earth did those images get on that damn videotape in any version of THE RING?
10. Who killed chauffeur Owen Taylor (Dan Wallace) in THE BIG SLEEP?
(Man, if you can answer this…)
EXTRA CREDIT :
Who put the monolith on earth during the opening apes BC segment and on the moon in 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY? God or Aliens? Discuss.
What does Bill Murray whisper in Scarlett Johansson’ s ear at the end of LOST IN TRANSLATION?
Okay film folks! Don ’t let me down – take the quiz and send your answers to me as comments below or to my email: